Whether your business is big or small, there are many ways in which either the whole company or just a few employees can support Bury Hospice.
Engage with the community, increase staff morale, stand out from your competition.
The Bury Hospice strives to build lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with corporate partners in the communities we care for. Support from local businesses is becoming increasingly important to help us continually improve our services and make a difference to the lives of local people living with a life limiting condition.
The Hospice is close to the hearts of many people in the local community. Most people have had some experience of the support and services provided by the Hospice either through our care for a family member or special stories shared by friends. By supporting the Hospice your company is showing a commitment to supporting the local community which can have a very positive effect on your company’s image with both staff and customers.
We do not see the relationship as one sided and believe that partnering with the Hospice can bring genuine and lasting benefits to a company. This includes enhancing public perception, increasing brand awareness, demonstrating corporate social responsibility, boosting staff morale, engaging your staff and having fun, and providing excellent PR and advertising opportunities.
No matter how big or small your company is there are plenty of ways you can become involved.
Here are a few ideas.
- Nominate Bury Hospice as your Charity of the Year.
- Plan an activity or fundraising event with colleagues. For instance: dress down Fridays, car washes, a raffle to win a day off, or even hold the boss to ransom!
- Offer employees the option to donate via the payroll through Give As You Earn.
- Book a table or enter a team into one of our many charity events.
- Donate gifts-in-kind – you’d be surprised what we need!
- Organise a ‘D-Day’ – ‘donate, don’t dump’. Employees bring in at least one unwanted item which we can sell through our charity shops.
- Sponsor (or part sponsor) a Bury Hospice event.
- If you are given any time off by your company, volunteer to use it on our behalf.
- Sign up to the Bury Hospice Lottery with a group of colleagues – or open an agency in your workplace to collect a round.
- Become a Bury Hospice ambassador to champion us throughout your company – and beyond!
- Do a sponsored walk, run, bike ride, triathlon or parachute jump – and see if your company will match the money you raise.
- Use one of our meeting rooms – we have a new purpose built large meeting room that can accommodate up to 30 people (£150 per day) and 2 smaller meeting rooms for up to 6 people (£20 per hour). Our rooms have WiFi access and these rooms can be accessed via a separate entry point from the main Hospice building. Catering can also be arranged if required.
These ideas are just the beginning. To find out more, please get in touch with our fundraising team:email@example.com or Tel: 0161 797 1748.